Shanthi Yogini: Yoga for Happiness
Shanthi Yogini is a yoga master trainer but not your usual yoga instructor, who mainly focus on the exercise. She helps train spiritual seekers and visionary leaders to develop to their highest potential as the amazing spiritual leaders they are meant to be. Shanthi says that yoga means "union." Find out what that means for you in today's broadcast.
In addition, she shares her 2-min yoga practices to help transform you on all levels to improve your mental, emotional and physical health. She is a delightful speaker bringing a new view to a popular and helpful practice to get the energy moving along your meridians in the body.
Shanthi is the founder of Yoga for Happiness Academy, where Yoga is learned as a science in its authentic, pristine and purest form in-person, online and via digital media. We normally think of yoga as something offered in the gym, but Shanthi really opened my eyes as to how much more it is.
- “Doing spiritual daily practice is more about the quality of the time and not so much the quantity.”
- “If you have thirty seconds or one minute, you don't have to worry about doing an exercise. Focus on the breath.”
- “To some people, they say, just tell me what to do and I'll do it. But I think once you start to understand the interrelationships, then you're more apt to continue doing it.”
- “Every single action that you take, even down to the way you move your fingers, it tells your body a story.”
- “In the book, I'm saying that success is not the key to happiness, but happiness is the key to success.”
- Yoga is nothing but the science of how to live.
- Ayurveda is something like curing disease using plant-based medicine which has no side effects at all as compared to modern medicine.
- Any consistent spiritual daily practice can really transform your life completely.
- Focus on breathing in through the belly rather than through the chest.
- Posture and the way you hold your body and your movement can affect your mood.
[2:38] Shanthi’s journey that brought her to where she is now.
[5:13] Scientific way of thinking in Yoga
[8:05] What leaders are looking for in their lives
[10:46] Ayurveda Yoga Sister Sciences
[12:31] Tips for yoga living
[13:53] Focusing on breathing
[19:17] The biggest lesson Shanthi learned
[22:16] Shanthi’s best selling book
You can find more about her wonderful practices at http://yogaforhappiness.com