Why successful people thrive: they develop morning habits that become rituals to get their day going right
Rituals go back to ancient human history. Many of these have transcended culture and religion. The purposes of habits and ritual includes having a reminder of what you are doing, the symbolic connection and develop an automatic way to remember it. No energy depleting decision making is required.
Rituals are ways to circumvent decision making for doing the steps to making you feel better, more productive and creative. https://www.scientifichealersuniversity.com/download-your-travel-tips
What is the purpose of rituals and how far back do they go?
Rituals go back to ancient human history. Many of these have transcended culture and religion. The purposes of habits and ritual include having a reminder of what you are doing, the symbolic connection and develop an automatic way to remember it. No energy depleting decision making is required. This is what morning rituals do for you.
One of these is the use of a cake of sorts (called koliva) in memorial services, a tradition that goes back more than 5000 years, well beyond the beginnings of Christianity. In fact, it goes back to the Gods and Goddesses of Greece.
This content starts at 1:54 and finishes at 5:12, but it is an amazing part of our Greek Orthodox ritualistic history. It is used today in modern services: this is an image taken a year ago from a service for my mom and grandmother, showing the koliva that I describe in this broadcast.
This koliva on the table is made of wheat, sesame seeds, almonds, ground walnuts, cinnamon, sugar, pomegranate seeds, raisins, anise and parsley. Each ingredient has a special meaning associating with Demeter, the sweetness of life, and everlasting life.
How do rituals start?
Rituals develop by first starting a procedure, then it becomes a habit, until it becomes a necessary part of your life. Later in the broadcast, you hear about some of the different practices and some of the things I do to get my day going. These include getting up with a thought of gratitude, breathing deeply, exercise, and a healthy breakfast.
Some of these rituals are also part of my travel itinerary that you can read about when you download my 18 travel tips. Most highly productive and successful humans, whether entrepreneur, executive or academic have morning rituals that get them on the right track every morning. Millionaires and billionaires count amongst these.
The results of having a set of morning habits include mental clarity, productivity, and preservation of your energy from decision making. Once you get one set of rituals done, it brings you a feeling of accomplishment that breeds more accomplishment.
And think about what rituals you might start to get your day going right One of these include travel tips that have developed into rituals for me: https://www.scientifichealersuniversity.com/download-your-travel-tips
- "A ritual is designed to be a repetitive behavior, to remind you of something."
- “Every decision you make is an energy suck.”
- “I discovered that when I didn't do it, I didn't feel as good even though it felt good to kind of be lazy sometimes.”
- “The kind of thing that you want to do is that you get up and you don't make any decision to do the things.”
- “I promised myself to do that; I maintain the integrity with myself.”
- “One of the things that I do is I keep my word to all the people in my life as much as I can. And if I can't, I work to make it up to them.”
- A conference that Anastasia attended comprised 30 high-end, energetic people. And when she talked to them individually, she realized that each one had a daily morning ritual, especially the more lively ones. The daily morning ritual set the tone, and they were all unique.
- Aphrodite holds wheat berries, almonds, raisins, and pomegranate seeds sacred, whereas Dionysus holds sesame seeds sacred for their ability to open the doors to consciousness. They were given to the goddess of the earth for growing things in ancient Greek mythology.
- It takes 90 days to create a habit, and the energy in your body must be reprogrammed. Contrary to popular belief, it takes 21 days to form a habit. If you don't keep going for the whole 90 days, your body's energy patterns will revert.
Timeline of broadcast:
0:13 Importance of Rituals
0:39 Successful People Morning Rituals
1:28 Exercise and Meditation
1:53 5000 year old Greek ritual, some amazing history
2:33 The Greek Tradition
3:47 The Germination Process
5:12 The purpose of morning ritual
5:35 Developing Habits
6:33 Essence of Habits and Rituals
6:37 The energy saving purpose of ritual
8:50 Some suggestions for ritual actions
10:26 The Steps to Habit Development
11:30 Result: Energy, clear mind, heightened creativity
12:18 Some travel tips https://www.scientifichealersuniversity.com/
13:42 Integrity with yourself improves energy
14:35 Habits: Conservation of Brain Power
14:48 What rituals might you start?
If you like this content, please give a thumbs up rating and subscribe to my channel. Share this with someone that could use the help
To improve your business and personal relationships, get your free five-step relationship healing program (value $97) at https://scientifichealer.com/relationship When you are ready to speak with me, schedule an appointment with me at http://scientifichealer.com/appointment or contact me at http://scientifichealer.com/contact